View Single Post
Old 09-10-2023, 04:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Alloy Shelby CSX 8057/Kirkham 1010, 289 Vintage Lykins Build
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
In the Cobra replica biz, people don't always tell the unvarnished truth.
Since someone revived my original thread I thought I would provide an update.

In the end I decided go full throttle and opted for an aluminum CSX 289. Ordered December 2021. Body/chassis by Kirkham. Roller assembly by Hi Tech. Final assembly by me. I have a very correct date coded engine (see Lykins Motorsports).

I have learned a tremendous amount over the past years from the extended Cobra community especially when it comes to originality. Just my personal objective, but I am striving for a very accurate CSX “continuation” car with CSX 2190 as my reference car. Massive amount of time chasing down parts and details. But I have been enjoying the “treasure hunt”.

Approaching 2 years I still do not have the roller. Now in South Africa. Long story with too much information to recount.

When I receive the roller I will “correcting” many things to be more original. Not an aspersion just my choice. Liberties, great and small, are taken by all the replica manufacturers deviating from original. Either for convenience or “improvement”.