View Single Post
Old 09-11-2023, 08:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

I too had to get used to the dash. My way of getting around the "softening" of the MKIV dash was to retro-fit the steering wheel and shifter.

Now I am at peace with it, however its still a fragile and yet great car.
To me its a great car, better than the MKII's and MKIII's that I have driven from a driving around town standpoint.
Its a lot bit slower than both but none the less a great touring car. Nothing beats a Cobra (MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV) for thrills, this is what I commonly call a Gentlemen's AC made to drive and enjoy.

One has to remember most of the changes to the MKIV were due to US DOT requirements which seems to the case for most cars.....
AC did make Lightweights which carried a more MKIII standard dash in some cases, these cars were touched by the 80's (as was I) and just like many cars of that era different.

I think when these cars were designed they were not trying to copy a Shelby, they wanted a Ford/AC sports car. Certainly with Ford influence they could have done anything they wanted this was just the result.
Bill Ford and Jack Rousch has them, so do I

And lastly, not sure if the radio works, never turned it on as its still a drivers car.
Attached Images

Last edited by 1985 CCX; 09-11-2023 at 08:34 AM..