View Single Post
Old 09-12-2023, 04:53 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Legate View Post
I always suspected that Brian Angliss may be color-blind as some of his color combos were less than tasteful. A friend of a friend ordered a MkIV in a rather nasty shade of light metallic blue (think Kit Car) matched with a screaming scarlet red interior. It made that green/'tan' combination look good. Plus he even painted a MkIV in a weird shade of light brown that looked very unlovely.
Thinking about it I have photos of a 1964 AC Cobra that Autokraft restored and painted mid-brown - truly awful and I even photographed the nasty thing as a friend bought it!! (No longer brown, needless to say, and part of a certain Pink Floyd collection...)
We had an early MK IV (AK013 if I recall correctly) that was painted to match the "Ford Blue" of the Ford oval logo as it was going to Ford for review and Brian thought that would impress the execs. It turned out to be a Toyota color and with the tan interior and black anodized wheels, it was certainly "unlovely".

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/