Old 09-20-2023, 03:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft. SB 427
Not Ranked     
Default Follow up on my RT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnkjr View Post
Having a heck of a time getting my first post through. Here’s hoping third time’s a charm.

I joined last May to research prior to ordering a RT4 from VMS – highly recommended here. My chassis is done now (build 2588) and shipping from South Africa so I thought it was time to post.

The car is a retirement gift to myself. The configuration is a bit unusual with hood scoop and rollbar delete with undercar exhaust and bumpers. I was headed towards a Porsche 718 Spyder when it hit me that for about the same money I can get a Cobra convertible for my fair weather daily driver. I have always been a fan - had a framed picture of a 427SC on my office wall for almost 40 years. The engine will be a fuel injected 427 SB from Vintage set up for street tractability with a 500 HP target and a Tremec TKX.

I expect to do all of my own wrenching, as I have done on all the cars I have owned and I am sure this forum will be an important resource when I hit a snag.
Update: car made it to my garage yesterday! Now to complete the Ohio inspection and registration process.
Attached Images