View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 01:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion, 429 SCJ,
Not Ranked     
Default Edelbrock electric fuel pump

I'm planning on making the switch from a mechanical fuel pump to an Edelbrock 1791 electric fuel pump. I intend to mount the pump on a section of the rear frame under the high mounted fuel tank.

I'm looking for feedback from those that have used the same pump successfully. My question has to do with the mounting of the pump. With the very limited room I have under the car, it would be mounted on approximately a 30 degree angle from vertical.

1) The instructions currently on the Edelbrock website state to mount the pump in a vertical position.
2) I came across an older revision of their instructions that stated they recommend vertical but "it can be mounted in any position".
3) Someone posted the same question on the Summit website a few years ago and a representative from Edelbrock answered that it could be mounted in any position.

After being on hold on the Edelbrock tech line for about an hour over the past two days, I'm turning to the forum for some advice.

Due to the pump being gravity fed directly from the tank I don't think that cavitation on the suction side will be an issue but I just wanted to make sure.