Old 12-31-2023, 09:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
2) Do not buy a car sight unseen.

3) Do not buy a car that you have not driven.
2. Even if you have to fly to see it. Do not substitute a 3rd party pre purchase inspection for this step because it is integral with 3. You should still get a full ppi by a cobra guru if you decide to move forward. You don't want to buy something only to find the kit was welded badly.

3. Driving is part of my rule that do not buy a car you haven't sat in. The cobra foot box has you sit at an angle to the pedals. It seems uncomfortable at first but I got used to it. The second part is that the seat and steering wheel positions are different for every manufacturer and even within the same especially if it is a kit. I found that two superformance cars I tried on - you don't sit in a cobra, you wear it - the steering wheel hit me in the lap. Shelby csx either through seats or steering position column was perfect.

Some owners won't let you drive it. But at least sit in the driver's seat and be sure it fits. You dont want to getva car onlyvto find it needs thousands of dollars of restructyring to be drivable. Don't get too upset if they won't let you drive. Cobras are squirrelly and can break loose with the simplest things that don't affect a street car. I wouldn't let unknown inexperienced people drive mine either.