View Single Post
Old 07-12-2002, 07:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just a 6, your combo is impressive as are 10.80's. Lets not forget that those mt street et's are really slicks with grooves. A 1.47 60 ft as you know is hooking really really well. I had the same tire on a mustang and was pretty proud of some 1.57, 1.58 60 ft times, 11.70's at 117 mph. I know that they are dot approved, but they are a purpose built drag tire not a street tire. I ran one pass only before 86'd of 11.60's at 129mph in the cobra with a 2.25 60 ft, sliding around on some bfg's up to a 100 mph. A drag race is really about hook up as he who hooks up first will almost always win. Once you hook up, its then a hp to weight ratio contest. My car hooks up out of corners on a road course with over 660 hp and bias ply slicks just fine. Other than greg lapoint, nobody has stayed with me on a straight yet. Now, if I could only drive. One of these days I will put some slicks on it and look for a low 11 or a high 10 in the 1/4 mile. Problem is, you get one pass if you break 11.99 and your done in Phoenix. Usually your first pass is not your fastest as you have to make side step/tire presure/ heating procedure adjustments. I think lapoint has run some low 10's at 135 mph in a cobra but I know of nobody that fast with under 300 cubes. Thats an awesome time for a 6 cylinder or anything else in a cobra. Scott