View Single Post
Old 07-15-2002, 08:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi, on my car, I ran the ducts up towards the top of the inner fenders, then down right in front of the control arms. One more bend out to the center of the rotors. Tie wraps on the steering arm do the trick of keeping everything in place. My car was made before the ducts were standard, so I purchased the black plastic ducts from HOC and glassed them in myself behind the screens. The important part is to remember to leave enough slack in the hose for the wheels to turn full lock, and to test for the tires rubbing the hose. I used 3 inch high temp silicone (orange) hose from Pegasus Racing and some Pep Boys hose clamps. Total cost was about $65. You probably already have the ducts, so just redirecting them might do the trick.

It is important to aim the air at the center of the rotor for best performance.

Tip: If you can not avoid tire rub, get a 2nd length of duct about 8-12 inches long, slit it length-wise, and tie wrap it over the area being rubbed. The smaller length of ductwork will be sacrificial, saving the main duct underneath. Repair is then a 2 minute matter.

Mike Eckhaus