Thread: 347
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2002, 04:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Paul, at least get me some alloy based epoxy. I've always wanted an aluminium Cobra!

Why the new front corner..... short answer, or long detailed story? The short answer was that the RMC mounting tab that the upper A-Arm attaches to on the chassis SNAPPED OFF while in 3rd gear going down a dead straight road. I spun past 90 degrees and hit the RHF corner into a light pole. The car then went off the edge of the road and airborne down a 4 foot bank, sideways through a barbed wire fence, then landed back on all four tyres. As the dust was settling, the 40 foot high lightpole had been knocked out of it's brackets and landed on top of the car..... It missed the back of the passenger's head by about 12 inches, and it was bloody heavy. I hate to think about how close we both were to really hurting ourselves. It wasn't the best drive I've ever had.

Rebel - I just hadn't thought about your car. If you were the original buyer, Mike Moylan should have sent you a retro bracket that makes things right. If not, have a close look at how weak the upper bracket is.... I still haven't seen an email. Maybe if you try marsh@gil.com.au Third time lucky!