Thread: 347
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2002, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     
Default retro bracket

Hi Craig, I bought my kit from a fellow called Conner Craig. He was an agent for RMC before John Brown. Conner had ordered a heap of RMC's to take to the gulf where he was setting up a bisiness selling cobra replicars to the Arabs. Cant remember what went wrong but he was landed with a few excess kits.
I am aware of the top mounting tab. Actually, I found out about it whilst making enquiries about improving handling. Jaime, who used worked for Mike, suggested to extend the tab rearward, drop the front mounting hole level with the rear hole. and both mounting holes rearwards by approx 1/2" to make the upper arm more horizontal. All of this considerably increased caster and made the steering, both heavier and more self centering.
This suggestion was made together with making small spacers to drop the steering rack lower.
When modified like this the top mounting tab had a lot of overhang on the rear portion and many folks didnt put a gussett between the cross member and the now extended tab.
What Happened??? a lot of them broke off