Thread: YeeeeHaaaaw!
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2002, 07:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Post DV

Hey ED! Pull the tranny....that sounds like a big and painfull job...are you shure?
How we got the motor running I ended up useing a points distributor. I wasn't the mechanic my brothers friend was the one that got it going. Need to check the timming though...the timming gun wasn't working right....but it doesn't back fire...doesn't burn oil...I'm glad about that...it's not a new engine. Really sounds good....even at hight rev's. Jim the mechnic...used the Holley ingniton system as the main system and not the Distributor....Ok I might not be making any sence here...but I think he said the points are not being used the why it would normally work...as each time the Distributor turns it sparks or fires 8 times once for each cylander...this way the igniton system does the work...I hope this makes sence to someone....!! Now I need a way to hook up the fan for the rad...an easy way....I have the fan from CR...with no relay...can you hook it up direct to a switch....or do you need a relay for it?
Snake.

Last edited by Snake; 08-11-2002 at 11:52 PM..