Thread: Paging Naja !
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2002, 06:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Maybe the Holley people (hopefully based on much experience) feel that the 36 lb injectors are OK, and maybe they will be. My guy was just very adament about slightly oversizing (several times when I discussed it with him). If they are right, then OK; if they are wrong, then you'll fry the injector actuators.

Another thing that I just thought about. The cam for the crate motors probably has a 106 degree lobe separation (standard lobe separation for carbureted engines). For EFI, the lobe separation needs to be 112 to 114 degrees to preclude raw fuel from 'short circuiting' through the cylinder chamber and destroying the sensor element in the wide band O2 sensor. Maybe EFI with a chip can get by without the wider lobe separation because the program is set and deviations from the program should be minimal, but the whole purpose of the programmable ECUs is based upon being able to vary the parameters, then have the actual running conditions compared to those parameters to make adjustments. The O2 sensor is probably the most important sensor to accomplish that task.

It's my (limited) understanding that the two most closely related parts of the engine (needing to be matched for optimal performance) are the intake manifold and cam. The 514 has a cam matched to the Victor Jr. intake. The Torker II is (radically) different from the Victor Jr. So, you have a 'racing' cam matched to a 'family sedan' (in all reality) intake manifold in your current setup(s).

Just more food for thought.

Regards,
Frank