View Single Post
Old 08-23-2002, 12:34 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     
Default Re: There is a major logic "disconnect" here...

Quote:
Originally posted by Back in Black
There is NO correlation between seat belt usage and accidents.
Even if there were, statistics have nothing to do with individuals...this is totalitarian thinking at it's worst.. because a bunch of incompetent drivers get into accidents, and did not wear their belt, everyone has to wear one...it is faulty logic, but perfect propaganda for taking more freedom away.

In fact, I have never been in an accident, and rarely wear a belt...whether I get in an accident is 99% my skill level and attentiveness, it has nothing to do with an inanimate object

Using the false "logic" presented here, we should all be in super titanium spaceframe eggs, encased in airbags...sorry, it does not wash

Also, we should ban motorcycles and convertables, they are too dangerous...would not want cops and EMT folks to have to clean THAT up
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who cares about freedom anymore? With the schools, media, and others teaching false history, and NOT teaching the constitution and bill of rights, who would wonder? "We" shall reap the folly that "we" sow.
You're right, no correlation between seat belt usage and accidents, however, there's a difference in the severity of the accident. Again, if you could guarantee everyone had insurance, then great, don't wear your belt, but if you can't guarantee the tax payers aren't nailed for the bill to keep someone who was in a minor accident alive because he hit the windshield, well, that's wrong.

Additionally, all the attention in the world will not save your ass if someone does something really stupid, but the belt might. False logic? I think that's what not wearing your seatbelt means. Duh.