View Single Post
Old 08-24-2002, 05:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via ICQ to DanElam Send a message via AIM to DanElam
Not Ranked     
Default Charlotte Instructors

For novice and intermediate, the ratio is 1:1. For advanced, instructors are available, but are not necessarily assigned. It depends on how much track experience you have. NASA is _very_ conservative.

In the Cobras, if you don't have roll bar protection for the instructor, the instructor will usually do lead-follow. For this, they drive their car and you follow closely behind. Since the instructor isn't in the car with you, the braking zones are a bit earlier and things are just a bit more cautious. We highlight all of the lead follow guys so all of the instructors can chime in to keep everything and everyone safe.

If you can have the instructor in the car with you, you will learn faster. It is harder to learn when you have to learn after your lap sessions. Still, it is an absolute ball and you will have a blast with your car. If you are doing it for entertainment, I suggest - no, encourage - you to bring the Cobra. If you want to get a race license in the shortest amount of time, you will probably do better with a car where the instructor car ride with you.

For Charlotte, I will be playing instructor and will work with as many Cobra guys as I can. At VIR, I am racingm but there will be other Cobra racers there to instruct.