View Single Post
Old 08-27-2002, 06:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default cobras were 1960s cars and still are!

Gary,

No I do not intend buying/building another cobra if I sell mine..Have other plans to accomplish.

I am not sure I understand your questionning. It seems you wonder what a cobra replica as to offer comparatively to modern rides....well not much but a lot more at the same time! After a 50 miles ride you will want give your back/legs a rest but at same time you don't wanna stop because of the fun your are having!...this is if you have good roads and forgiving policemen around....I drove my brother-in-law porsche Boxster and yes it was/is more comfy, quiete fast but no fun neither as "lively"as my hawk is....
Just don't worry about a Hawk,this is if it's well built with good parts it will last you long and be trouble free ....it's a good design to start with. I do not see anything wrong with the few MG parts found on them... the same rack and pinion was on the original cars. Their suspension is an in-house design and built and a very nice item should I say.This little 289 is very well balanced and pleasant to drive. But finally it all comes down to personnal preference and it's eventually only you through a test drive who could say. Unfortunately they aren't plenty around to do so!

Hope that helps you to better understand what those cars are.

regards.