Old 08-31-2002, 07:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates Cobra, RFGT40
Not Ranked     
Unhappy

Thanks guys !'
I hope I can give all of you a ride at sometime soon. Unfortunetly
I'm still having a problem getting the car tuned. As most of you know I had to send the system back to the company. It would not sense engine loading and a few other important peramiters. When I got it back I put it in and took it to a local electronics and dyno shop. When they started working on the system they said that it had the injectors wired improperly and that there was some kind of interference from the ignition wiring causing the computer to loose data. They corrected the injector wiring but cannot get the program to run the engine good enough to dyno it. They said that it would cost $75.00 an hour to track down the problems and to fix it. They said it could take as long as 10 hours just to straiten out the wiring problems. Then maybe I could get it dynoed if I could find a base program to load into the computer. They offered to sell me their system which is the F.A.S.T. for $2,500.00 and another $1700 for installation. NO THANKS !
So right now I'm up to $600. and nothing to show for it. Now I'm at a cross roads. I have to make a decision to let them carry on or take this unit out and try to get my money back so I can buy a unit that works. I must admit all this has been very depressing. My car has not ran properly since it was completed three months ago.
I'm trying to learn about these new systems but it's not an easy thing. They all use the same theory but take a different approach at accomplishing the same function. No two systems are the same . Because of the holiday I won't be able to do much. I'll continue the saga on Tuesday.

Hersh