View Single Post
Old 09-04-2002, 09:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Blackjack, Haven't seen you post in awhile. I guess things are getting better around your house!

Still don't know what calipers I DID have, but replaced them with Wilwood. The old were polished aluminum (looks like stainless steel, maybe it was?). Four piston Wilwoods just like the old ones. Mine were dragging also! I was able to get a diagram off their web site that showed the deminsions (thickness, mounting holes, etc.) sure enough, it was an EXACT match. I ordered pads, brake fluid and calipers for about $380 bucks. Wilwood refered me to a "dealer" in Calif. to make the actual purchase. Man, these new brakes are great!

Front end was a "little" to low. Got new 1978 Mustang II coil springs for a V-6 with AC. Then CUT them down to 10" in height (or same height as the old springs in other words). This raised the car by 1/2 to 3/4" in ride height. I suspect the OLD springs were "sagging". Now it's perfect, I JUST clear the speed bumps around my house! AND, the car handles better than ever!
Ernie

Anyone know what springs fit the back? Mine have a tag that says 150 lbs, which is WAY to weak.

94 model with a 93 engine.

Last edited by Excaliber; 09-04-2002 at 09:28 PM..