View Single Post
Old 09-08-2002, 04:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the replies guys! I should have made myself a little clearer about what I'm planning on doing with this car. For most of the time I'll be out on the street, but I'll probably take the car to the roadrace track once a month, and I'll get one good drag racing timeslip before they exclude the car from further competition.

Richard - were you aware of any setup changes that helped the spool cars turn in (ackerman angle, camber, toe out?). The chassis is pretty basic and the driver could sure use the help that a driving school provides, but if the car enters corners in a predictable fashion then I'll be happy. As long as it doesn't understeer like a pig, or be totally tail-happy then I can cope with it.

Ron - I have an old 3800lb barge with big block. I've had a 31 spline full spool in that car for nearly 5 years now, and I've given it a pretty hard time over the years. It's currently only a high 11 second 1/4 mile car, but it gets thousands of street miles every year without any failures. Are there greater loads on the axle during roadracing than running 10 sec 1/4's on slicks? I'm using Moser 31s.

jdean - I can see your point about using a "one-legger" for starters, but my motor is making quite a bit of power and I think trying to get one tire to hook up 800hp could be a hopeless task.