View Single Post
Old 09-10-2002, 10:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Blackjack,

No no, that wasn't me that had the truck block OR the AC, ha ha! I do recall someone mentioning that setup though.

I have the HO engine. I bet the truck block is the SAME over all deminsions though! My Excalibur DOES have the evaportator installed next to the heater, but no AC compressor, condensor, etc. I bet they ALL have the Evap installed also!

I think an AC compressor would fit on the left hand side of the engine how ever, and have considered putting one on. More seriously considering a Super Charger which would mount on the RIGHT hand side of the engine. I know a Mustang with one that is way LOWER than the top of the EFI manifold and it looks like it would clear the right hand fender area, a VORTEC model I believe.

I'm going to take extensive measurments and pics of his installation before I "go for it". I was almost SURE that Excalibur offered a Kenne Bell unit as an option, so HOW did they do that? Special model SC? Mounted low not high? Sorry I can't help you out here, but I sure appreciate your feedback on what does and doesn't work!

Did you get new four pot claipers yet? The Dynalite Wilwoods I got are an EXACT match and they work great!

Ernie