View Single Post
Old 09-12-2002, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     
Default Decisions...decisions.....

Richard and DV,

I am in the midst of rebuilding the rear on my track only '88 Mustang. This car is used purely for road racing.

I have a converted 8.8 open rear using a Power Trax unit with 3.73 gearing. The teeth on the unit wore out and needs to be replaced.

I ordered both a replacement Power Trax unit as well as the Traction Lok unit from Ford Motorports. I continue to get feedback from many about the prose and cons of both.

My question is...from a road racing perspective, which unit will work better on a road course???? I hear differing opinions on the traction available with both.

I was happy with the Power Trax unit, it lasted me 2.5 years of hard racing and I don't know how long it had been in the car before. I have never used the Traction Lok unit. My problem is, I am a "Dear in Headlights" when it comes to the Ford 8.8 rears.

Any advice from you gents would be greatly appreciated.

JM