Old 09-12-2002, 12:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

John,
We posted at the same time..almost.

All I can tell you is what we have learned from my DV. On the dragstrip I have never, and I mean NEVER had a car launch like this one did with this unit. First time out...I wasn't even thinking about the new center section, I launched like normal at 4,800 to 5,200. Unbeknownst to me, I apparently have always countered steered at launch in anticipation of the torque.

I launched and damned near hit the inside wall just past the tree! I thought something had broke, I really did. Saved the car, lost the race and after much checking, finding nothing wrong it finally dawned on me about the rear change!

Took another pass, only this time with full senses and a light touch on the wheel, I still wanted to steer right, but the car went straigt. I kid you not, before I ripped the housing in half, you could almost come off the pad with full slicks and never touch the wheel until the front wheels came back down! (It also totally eliminated our "left" front wheel lift! Now both front wheels, at least with the eye, lift the same time and same height.)

As far as road racing goes, Jay, our driver, Honda's Pro Road Rally Driver (and a guy you fellas are going to be hearing much more about in a short time to come) swears by the unit. I can't give you driving experience since he does all of the roundy round "stuff", but every time he takes the car on the track he is either setting records or coming in with times so fast he would win a full class or two above what they put us in.

There you have it. Back to the corner.

DV