Thread: Austin Query
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2002, 10:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Alive, but the US economy is starting to rev & I'm busy (you heard it here first)! Not to mention we have two kids which miss their daddy and an unfinished FFR in the garage....you get the picture.

One suggestion is to do fewer out of town get-togethers until more of us have our cars on the road. I didn't attend the Sept event as I didn't feel like driving my little truck out to where ever that was. I'm a simple guy & closer is better until I have the Cobra on the road. Lunch in & around Austin is ideal as I still have time left over on Sat. to work on my car (and it needs a *lot* of work still). You guys can see a build update here:

FFR DOHC Update

Another thing I've been disappointed in, just being honest here, is the lack of people willing to lend a hand on the build. I had much better car buddies when I had my '98 SVT Cobra. We'd help each other out on the weekends from time to time, but that hasn't happened with this crowd. I guess it's just a different demographic, but a bummer nonetheless.

I'm up for October if its local, simple & leaves time for me to work on the FFR. Otherwise I'll see you guys next year!
-Ed (#2)
Austin, TX
FFR 3496
4.6 DOHC ('98 Donor)
IRS