View Single Post
Old 10-07-2002, 07:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Porsche 928 S4
Not Ranked     

Scott,

175>185 is good for temps as measured in the pits. Your differential of 15 degrees is also quite good. But, you must not do a cool off lap. Got to come right in and measure. One lap does funny things to temps.

It would be interesting to see what they are with your new setup.

I know that the dampers are expensive, but they are worth their weight in gold when you really wish to make the chassis work.

I personaly like Penske dampers as they have the best customer service out there in the US. Plus, they will give you hours of free engineering time to help sort out the car. (At the price, they should give you a bit of sex as well.)

Sorry, I have no current info on Bias ply tires. Radials are my current experience (10 years) and they are a entirely different beast.

The bias tires feel the best to the driver, You know, they slide nicely, are very forgiving, and are great for four wheel drifts. But they do not give the same adhesion levels as a radial.

If you can get a radial for your wheel sizes, I would recommend fitting them. They are much better tires overall, and you will find temp and pressure stabilty much better.

Now, I know there must be a bunch of folks out there running similar setups to Scott's.

How about some input here. Help him out. He needs to beat all of those Z06's.

Richard Hudgins