View Single Post
Old 10-08-2002, 11:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

yeah,,,it is over whelming. Some things that are "must have" for me, and can be HARD to find on LOTS of "kit" Cobras are:

Four wheel disc brakes (sounds simple enough, surprised how many Cobras don't have them)!

EXCELLENT paint, (very good won't cut it anymore).

Maximum adjustment on all suspension components. LIKE, can you change ride height in the front with a "wrench"? Or would you HAVE to replace front springs (what a hassle that is)! Live axle rear is ok, but AT LEAST spring "jacks" for ride height adj. Posi traction rear end (of course)!

Stick shift (auto is good for some people, just not me)!

Sway bars, front and rear (no excuses, I MUST have them)!

STREETABLE!!!! I don't want to carry "race mix fuel" in the trunk to mix with "pump gas" when I fill up. I don't want to have to worry about "over heating" issues when I get stuck in traffic, etc.

Big block vs Small block. Tough one! If SB, no smaller than 351W with some good HP mods! If it's a Big block, I want it set far back toward the rear and PLENTY heat insulation on the fire wall. NO bigger than 428 (bored\stroked OK) for me please. OH YEAH, MUST BE FORD POWER (for ME, now, it's OK if YOU want Chevy or what ever)!

LEATHER interior, vinyl won't cut it.

4 speed is good, original and all that, BUT I want a 5 speed.

No whimpy THIN fiber glass body, (there out there), got to be a THICK quality glass body. Hey, I'm not rich here, of course I want Aluminum. Who doesn't? OK, scratch that last question or wait till I get my helmet on before you blast me.

Man, I could write a BOOK about what to look for in buying a used a Cobra!

Oh yeah, (I keep thinking of more MUST HAVES).

Got to be light weight! No stinking 2900 lb cars for me! My target is 2600 WET,,,,well,,,,,2700 MAX MAX MAX! 2300 is more like it!

This is sounding more and more like JBL specs,,,,,,,,,,,hmmmmm.

Would be nice to have:
Soft top with windows, hardtop too! Throw in a tanneu cover.

Chrome,,,,I like chrome. Side pipes, roll bar.....

Ernie

Last edited by Excaliber; 10-09-2002 at 12:01 AM..