Thread: DRB Cobras
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2002, 05:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Hi Mike,

DRB I guess are Australias answer to Factory 5. They are the most prolific Cobra manufacturer down under having built hundreds of cars. They are also similar in that they have the same single donor philosophy and use LH torana runing gear (a good idea IMHO). They run a live axle set up utilising the torana diff and rear suspension arms. Because of the choice of running gear a DRB can be built for quite a reasonable price.

They are also making a newer kit that uses Jaguar front and rear suspension.

I've seen one sitting next to a Classic Revival Cobra and their body shape is quite different, they apear to be flatter across the top, narower in the body and not as deep in the body. I don't think the mold was taken from a real car, it looks more like someones interpretation of the Cobra shape.

There are some very nice DRBs around an they have won a lot of trophys at car shows (this may be because there are a lot of them).

I didn't chose the DRB because it didn't have the engineering I wanted in my car but there are plenty of people buying them so they can't be too bad.

Some of the Queensland guys on here will have a better idea what they are like. We don't get too many of them down here in Melbourne.

Cheers