Thread: DRB Cobras
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2002, 06:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

J had a day trip to Queensland a couple of weeks back. I had some spare time and went down to DRB's work shop to check out their GT40. I have to say I was very impressed and it's a serious contender for my next project. Quality of workmanship was good and the finished car they had out the front was magnificent.

The front suspension is all C4 Corvette forged alloy (Very nice looking, especially when polished). The rear up rights are cast especally for the GT40 and the control arms are all fabricated. I believe the rear hubs and brakes are from the Corvette.

The DRB Chassis is an all steel space frame and paneled in steel with the panels welded into the chassis. Unlike the Roaring Forties car which uses stainless panelling riveted to the spaceframe. The RF GT chassis probably looks better with the stainless paneling but I think the DRB GT would be a lot less work to build.

I was impressed with the quality of the body and it didn't look like it would need a lot of work to get it ready for paint.

The only problem is I'm a bit too long to fit in one comfortably I'd have to look at lowering the seat as low as possible and maybe adding a Gurney bubble.

Cheers