View Single Post
Old 10-16-2002, 04:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Well, as much as I'd like to say that I've taken it out for it's first drice - I can't I'm at the point now where I'm hoping that Scott OZVENOM can do the majority of the final fabrication and assembly. Sure, I'll be hanging around over there and getting in his way whenver possible, but I'd REALLY like the car to be finished and driving before Christmas.

The motor is fully tuned now, and just waiting for me to throw some fuel and spark it's way.

We have just about finished - and I kid you not - the world's largest ever Cobra bonnet (hood). This bohemoth lies nearly 5" taller at the rear than a standard bonnet. It's certainly imposing, and it's also unfortunately a requirement to fit my motor and intercooler plumbing underneath. I just keep standing back and laughing at what we're creating. I hope the local Police will see the funny side of it all Scott's shorther than I am, and he couldn't drive the car as his line of sight is under the bulging scoop!!!

Transmissions are still a sore point with me. I have always thought that a Cobra with an auto trans somehow missed the very essence of a performance sports car. Granted, many people are forced to use them for health or other reasons, others just want a cruiser. I found that without paying big bucks for a G-force or Holinger straight-cut geared, dog engagement racing trans, I really had no option but to use an auto.

I'm using a Powerglide with all the fruit. It will not fail, no matter what abuse I could throw it's way. I have used them before in high horsepower applications, and I just know that it's at least one component that I won't have to replace shortly after getting the car on the road....

I can't wait to drive this thing. Dad keeps making noises about getting the traction control fitted before I start driving it, and Scott keeps scaring me with tales of rollovers and my need for a full competition style roll bar. My trans guy thinks I'm crazy, and the dyno guy politely refused an offer of being in the car for it's maiden test drive. Am I missing something?? :

Last edited by 750hp; 10-16-2002 at 05:31 AM..