View Single Post
Old 10-18-2002, 11:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Empty handed for the moment
Send a message via AIM to Snakecharmer
Not Ranked     

Hey guys ,

I meant to check in with El Presidente Mosley about this. I'll get with him and figure out the details but here are my thoughts. We CAN get "our" garage again. AND I really like Rube's idea of making the Hotel HQ. I've got a couple of location ideas that should accomadate 25 trailers and 100 cars. I'll check them out and get back to you.

The date sounds good - February 21st and 22nd.

The goal - Easy and FUN!

How does this sound as a basic agenda?

Hotel registration and party Friday night
Cruise from Hotel to Garage after breakfast
Garage for pictures and drive-up registration
Cruise to lunch location - buy your own lunch
From lunch - Hill Country Poker Run ending back up at Hotel
BBQ tailgate party at hotel

I think this will result in a LOT of fun and very few complications. We'll make sure that both the HOTEL and the LUNCH location can accomodate 200 people and 100 cars.

In fact for lunch, I'm going to talk to the city and see if we can rope off a huge section of the downtown Auditorium or Coliseum parking lot. We'll have our choice of a half a dozen restaurants right across the street. Simple, fun, and no deposit required!

Besides the Parking garage, we'll have our security guard again as well. He'll need some help this year with all the cars but that won't be a problem.

It would be great to have help with the publicity again. Last year, Jeff, Ren, Rich, and Ed all contributed to creating an impressive publicity package. We Austin folks need to get together and make that happen again. Heck, maybe this time we can get live event coverage to tag along with us!

Other ideas - shirts, special guests, prize donations, awards, recognitions, etc.

Everybody give some input and I'll get with President Mosley to confirm what he wants to do.

Think BIG. Think FUN. Think SIMPLE !!

Charmer