Thread: Build Update
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2002, 06:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     
Default Build Update

Well I didn't get much Cobra time over winter with family and work commitments. I've also been distracted with another project. Since selling my bike last year I've been trying to finish off a project bike I've had for a while. I need a bike to ride this summer so I've been working on the Yamaha and it's nearly done.

The last month or two I've put in a bit of an effort and made some real progress on the Cobra. I finished off my gearbox modifications to move the shifter forward on the T56 6 speed. This turned out really good and I'm very proud of the results. There is a thread in Shop talk that outlines the work involved if any one is interested Tremec T56 Shifter relocation

I've finally finished off the suspension and brakes and the chassis is pretty much done for the moment. I'm still haven't picked up my engine but I figure I'll get most of the body work out of the way first.

The body is fitted now and I picked up a big tin of body filler today. The body as it comes out of the mould is very good but I'm going to put the effort in to make it spot on. I figure most of that body filler will end up on the shed floor. The doors are on since this picture and everything is firmly bolted down. I'm working on gapping all of my swinging panels.

Cheers
Attached Images

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 10-21-2002 at 06:42 AM..