View Single Post
Old 10-21-2002, 12:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default speed shops in the carolinas

Does anyone know of any good race engine/ tune shops in the carolinas. I'm near charlotte, nc. I've got a '90 5.0 engine in my FFR cobra with trick flow heads, intake, and a 347 stroker kit. Runs good but, needs better idle and could probably squeeze more power if properly tuned. Also, couple of technical questions: I know that the stock 5.0 runs at about 38psi fuel pressure. I've got 30lb injectors and a 190 lph fuel pump, and anything over 20 psi seems to be running rich. At 20 psi, plugs look good. This doesn't make sence to me. Also, I've no idea where timing should be set on this engine. I've been told to bump timing 2 degrees btdc and drive full throttle. And continue bumping 2 degrees until I hear 'ping', and go back 1 degree. This should set just before pinging. Also, I'm running at about 10.5:1 compression, so I'm running racing fuel (100) at all times. Sorry about asking so many questions but I'm also wondering if you know of anyone running 100 octane low lead airplane fuel. I live near a local airport and can get it there.

Thanks very much,
Jamie Crane