View Single Post
Old 11-01-2002, 08:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Custom built Excalibur 351C
Not Ranked     
Default Good News Bad News!

GOOD NEWS!:

Indeed the Excalibur molds and fixtures were sold to a gentleman in Ohio as reported by LASEKL in another thread. I spoke with him today and he is getting things sorted out. I'm glad to hear they went to a good home and will support the Excalibur owners as needed.

NOTE: It's my understanding that the molds/fixtures were
"sold" to someone in ND but Excalibur did not receive full payment and subsequently were returned (...and it appears that a few bodies may have been pulled from the molds in the interim).

I've confirmed #164 and MILWDOUG located another here in Wisconsin...he's working on confirming the Mfg #.

And of course Ernie sold his recently and will wish he hadn't!

Several others have changed hands recently...and I've got a few other leads.

From my research, my best guess so far is only 132+/- were produced. Yes...there are contradictions with a stated high of 344 but I've yet to see any indication/documentation of such.

Presently I only have 35 confirmed on the pseudo registry with #167 as the highest. (NOTE: Several may have been "Re VINed" from year to year and I've found gaps in the MFG# therefore explaining some of the discrepancies.)

BAD NEWS:

Excalibur Cobra #059 was severely damaged in a wreck (owner/driver had minor injuries) and sold to a "Broker".

Hopefully this is one we'll be able to save!

Keep looking!