View Single Post
Old 11-14-2002, 07:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Chaplin,
ERA does not offer heat shielding or insulation (that i know of) for the tunnel.

As a matter of fact the flexible heat shielding that they offer, which is glued on the footboxes is not particulary the best available.
Because of it's accordion shape crinkle texture and the fact that it is a stick on, it must be easier for them to use that material.
What I did was to remove the flexible heat shield that was on the foot boxes and apply the High Temmperature 2000 degree shielding that you can find in Summit etc.

This is the stuff that is shiny on one side and looks like fiberglas matting in the back. I believe there are different grades of it. What looks like fiberglass I believe is ceramic fibers woven and is very effective.

Besides covering the footboxes with it, I lined up the entire tunnel with it. It makes a lot of difference. It makes the car quieter in the inside as well.
If you install carpets over some sort of carpet padding that too will make the insides of the car cooler and quieter.

It is so effective, my only complaint while I owned it was that I did not have enough warmth inside the car while driving on cooler days.
Ended up disconnecting the fresh air hoses just to pick up some engine heat in the cockpit.

TURK