View Single Post
Old 12-23-2002, 12:56 PM
Canadian Gashole
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnex 427 S/C, 351W, 472 HP, 444 lbs. torque
Not Ranked     

I only ever saw one real one back in '64 or '65 but I can remember reading everything about this wonderful little car that turned the racing world upside down. A few years later I got married, kids came along, cars took a back seat to raising a family. In '97 I bought a new Mustang Cobra. I loved it but I couldn't work on it. About the only thing I could do was change the oil, heck I didn't even know what half the stuff was under the hood.

My wife could see that I was restless and about that time I discovered the "kit" Cobra. We went down to Knott's to look at these wonderful beasts. I think my wife got hooked about the same time as I did. I began to calculate the money it would take to build a nice one and how long I would have to save. My wonderful wife asked me if I was really serious about getting a Cobra to which I answered, yes. She said "don't wait, cash in some savings and go buy your car". I picked up my Johnex in August '99 and I haven't looked back. I recently traded in the '97 Mustang on a new Explorer since I needed a properly equipped tow vehicle for the Cobra.

For any of you out there sitting on the fence, take my wife's recommendation.......don't wait, go buy your car.

Wayne