View Single Post
Old 12-23-2002, 06:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #586, 535hp.460
Not Ranked     
Wink Here comes my .02 cents worth!

OK, here's my opinion!
1. Vendors is a no!! I do not ever want this to become commercial, and do not want to look forward to "looking for help" from anyone except the membership that supports our group. My feeling is that we will loose control of the event, and I also believe this could damage our club in that we will loose focus of what makes the event what it is...THE PEOPLE!!!!
Hotel, $10 +/- makes no difference to me, but parking lot space does!! I still think the parking situation HAS to take priority over everything else!
Lunch, my feeling about lunch is about TIME, just like Hotel is about parking. It seems to me that unless we plan on a 2-3hour lunch stop(UGH!), we will almost require a set menu that can be prepared in advance with a $/person charge with tip included. The one thing I am VERY against is a long drive(or any drive) back to our Saturday night hotel parking lot party AFTER DARK!! We had some people not familiar with the Austin area get a bit lost last year and have an extended trip back, so whatever we plan, lets make sure we return back at least an hour prior to sunset just for safety's sake.
I also think a shorter poker run is better if our goal is %participation.
Face it, as we grow in numbers, ae have to adjust our time back accordingly.
Also, some of you may not be aware, but Doug Reed has been/is also a founding member of this club from the start, and has contributed money ($200 cash for the first two years and the prize of the Shelby Regisry). He came last year as a MEMBER, not a vendor!
Ok, that's it for me, and I think I am going to go lay down now and take a couple of pills to take the edge off ( I had an Umbillical Hernia repaired this morning at about 8:30 am, and I am really moving slow!)
Oh yeah, MERRY CHRISTMAS BROTHERS!!
John Russell
TCC Founding member, with a car in attendance every year...so far!!