View Single Post
Old 12-24-2002, 12:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX33849 (currently 460)
Not Ranked     

JBAIRD, if you check the archives the hotel was NOT firmed up until 12/31 last year. So the statement "We normally have this done already" is not correct!

Yes, each and everyone of us could plan this ourselves and to hell with the thoughts of the rest of the club but that is not how we have done things and that is not how I think we should do things.

The date has been set so self employeed or not people can make plans for being off.

A lot of time is being taken by the Austin guys to make sure the trailer parking is good. We have had a few complaints in the past and are trying to cover all the bases: ability to drive through, no backing, level, security ect...

As for the logo, if you read the post that followed I stated that what I meant was the design of the shirt and not the "club Logo" Thats a dead issue.

Many of us are Founding members but that does not give any one of us the right to dictate that something will "never" be changed. I happen to agree with you that we don't need to change the club logo but that does not mean it will never happen.

Back to the vendor issue John Russell made a good point in that Doug Reed is a Founding Member (I knew that ) The fact that he is a member and a vendor shows that vendors don't have to be a bad thing. His membership in the club and his attendance at last years meet gave some of us non-superformance owners a chance to meet him and see just want a great guy he really is.

I think asking vendors to come and drive with us and hang out like Doug did last year would be a good idea. I don't think anyone wants an agressive sales person working our group, but if they want to bring down some of their cars and drive and have a drink with us great. It will give us a chance to develope relationships with them and also pick their brains.

I'll talk to you guys after Christmas. Everyone have a Merry Christmas and enjoy the time with the family.

Last edited by Dennis Mosley; 12-24-2002 at 12:49 PM..