View Single Post
Old 12-24-2002, 02:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Post OK - my 2 cents

I guess it depends on how you define "Vendors". Personally, I don't see the need for a trade show or carnival atmosphere to be created at out annual Austin event. Don't see the need for a display booth for the latest model of Craftsman tools & wrenches, Mustangdonorparts.com or Bob's Paint and Body. Hate to see a PepBoy display with a a 20 ft inflatable Manny, Moe and Jack!! Also don't see the need to complicate with a vendor sponsorship. The whole weekend only $20 and the best bang for the buck for my entertainment.

Now, if you are talking pure "COBRA VENDORS/MANUFACTURERS" - personally I would support this and can not see how this would be a problem. If the Smith Brothers wanted to bring a mock up/frame of their Daytona Coupe - why not? If David Kirkham wanted bring one of his cars all the way from Utah to generate some sales interest in Texas - why not? There is nary a FIA body in TCC - if ERA wanted to promote this 289 body car and willing truck a display from CT - who would it really hurt? If Southern Automotive wanted to try to sell some engines in Texas - does not bother me. I think Parham even has some portable engine display that he uses in trade shows (I think I remember something on "Bitten by the Snake). These are all proven Vendors active ClubCobra and TCC circles. Personally, I would spend time at any/all of these fictional displays and still have time to visit with the people I only see once a year.

Also, consider this - there will some attending who don't know a sole, but like Cobras and would love the opportunity to talk face to face with ERA, SPF, Unique, Kirkham, FFR, etc.

Finishline has been a great supporter of our group and our Austin meeting for three years. They have donated thousands for door prizes and the drawings are a lot of fun. What if Paula were to call Dennis next week and says - "Well, this year we have decided to come to Austin and will be donating our normal door prizes and would like to set up a table to sell some Cobra stuff to defray our travel expenses". Do we say - Sorry - NO VENDORS - but your donations are welcome?

Just some things to consider - Bottom line - the area vendors who would want to come - we probably would not want and be more trouble than they are worth. The COBRA Vendors who we might like to come - probably don't need to come as the good ones already have waiting lists several months out.

Dennis - glad to see progress on the Hotel - the Hampton Inn would be my choice - close to the Origin meeting location and easy access to 183. Their web site also has a picture of some hot babe in the hot tub in a blue two piece and big B BS. Can somebody drive by and see if she is still there??? Thanks for the planning work so far - See ya in Austin.

http://texascobraclub.com