View Single Post
Old 12-27-2002, 10:04 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 408W, TKO 600, 9" 4-link Truetrac, 13" X 1 3/8" curved vane frt disks
Not Ranked     

Easy there, don't get your IRS in a wad, I was only kidding. I am hopelessly and obsessively committed to owning a Cobra. My problem is features vs. budget vs. how it will be used. At first I leaned toward the typical show owners mentality of big block unlimited power and bullet proof 9 inch rear. But since I spent 8 years on the So Cal kart circuit (including Willow Springs) I am a road racer at heart and am now leaning towards less weight and better handling. I want a car that does fairly well at WSR but I also want to be able to drive it on the street (pump gas). I spent months researching engines and now I am learning about suspensions. I have narrowed the Mfg down to B&B, Lonestar, or Midstates, probably with a four link and panhard. Some of the posts here say you need an IRS at the track, so now I'm considering FFR IRS. What confuses me is that the FFR literature makes it sound like thier new 3 link is almost as good as an IRS. Any opinions?