View Single Post
Old 12-31-2002, 04:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters, 393 stroker, Tremec 3550, about 425 hp, MDA GT40 289
Not Ranked     
Talking My Reason

I've always thought about Cobra's on and off most of my life. I never really knew what I'd end up with but I knew it would have an old carb'd V-8. I was actually searching for a 1966 Mustang convertible, but I couldn't find one that was nice enough that the guy wasn't asking at least 18k for. Then I saw an ad for Classic Roadsters Cobra. I sent away for the info out of curiosity only, and left the info on the back burner for a few months. I originally thought the turn key cost was the basic kit cost. A salesman called me and pointed this out, and months later I was the proud owner of a Cobra Replica. I built is almost as basic as possible to keep costs down and planned to upgrade different things every couple of years. Well last winter was a stroker upgrade and this winter I'm doing front suspension with coilovers all around, a roll bar, new heater, steering column, rack, seatbelts and ignition switch. Tinker, Tinker, Tinker. That's all part of the fun of them. Oh Yea, my wife loves the way people gawk at the car.

Jim Downard

Happy Cruising