View Single Post
Old 01-02-2003, 03:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Brian - Scott gets "half-cuts" from Jap wreckers. There's a goldmine of parts available when buying in this format - complete wiring loom, computer, trans, electric motors, sensors, etc, etc. The most common car seems to be the Jap-Spec Toyota Crown. A 94 Lexus gets along pretty well, all things considered. Imagine how it would feel if it only weighed 2200lb!!!!

Dwight - I looked around for a good value camera when I went to the Fling last year. I should have asked the question before I flew in, rather than just looking at dodgy electronics stores throughout the country. I just had a look at www.dpreview.com , and the 2500 looks like an interesting option. Does that fliptop lens work OK?

Mike - At the moment he's using a Tremec, but there's a Nissan trans waiting for the AWD mods. I'll let Scott tell you about the trans conversion, but what I do know is that he never opens the engines. All standard internals - just a new cam belt and maybe some manifold mods for bigger throttle bodies. The beauty of these motors is that if you ever had a major engine failure, another complete engine can be sourced for less than what a good set of custom JE pistons cost for a Ford V8!!! Conservative boost, a capable fuel system, quality intercooler and a sophisticated engine management system are probably the key ingredients to making a 10:1 motor live a long and happy life as a turbo motor.