Thread: Engine?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2003, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     

Hmm,

20 something son + Cobra = Dead son and a wrecked car.. I don't care how well he drives.. I would have killed myself long before now if I were 10 years younger and I knew how to drive.

Skip Barber doesn't prepare you for what this is like.. I am sure you are a responsible dad but let him have the viper and keep the cobra locked up until he gets his competition liscense or he turns 35.. I promise it will be safer and cheaper in the long run..

How much is the viper worth.. 55, 60k.. How much is a Cobra.. 45-55k.. Ad in the price of a nice casket.. 10k, potential loss if he hits something or someone 5-10k with the best insurance after lost time, misc fees.. maybe 50k if your insurance doesn't cover the legal costs..

Give the boy the viper, it's a more civilized ride easier to correct in a skid and easier to insure.. Cheaper in the long run..

Beyond that you can have my 428 (long block) for $2600 and I will deliver it in N. Calif..

Regards,

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)