View Single Post
Old 01-31-2003, 04:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

too many insurance co's have claims exposure experience with Cobra replicas, and obviously by their not writing new policies, or reducing coverage on grandfathered policies etc their exposure has not been good.

as the owner of a major collector car insurance co told me last summer : "Cobra replicas account for 8% of my insured portfolio yet account for 40% of my claims".

guess that kind of sums it up for some others too.

it is all the brass era cars, high value/little driven/slowly driven collector type cars that they enjoy virtually no claims on (by comparison anyway) that are in reality allowing replicas to be covered. so ,when you go to a car show of 400 cars and there are 10 Cobra replicas there you better look at the owners of the 390 cars and say 'thank you'.

rice burners/ ricer rockets and pimple faced kids cars...doubt too many of those are getting covered by the collector car insurance companies, due to the newness of the car and the drivers age (and driving record too ?) of the owners...they instead get buried in the data of the masses from civilian car insurance coverage...but overtime they too will have an impact. hey, they might even be the Cobra replica owner of the future, assuming they (and we) can get insurance on them .

bill.