View Single Post
Old 01-31-2003, 07:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via ICQ to Kputz
Not Ranked     

It baffles me why this issue is so hard to understand. Many insurers, when pressed, will insure your ride.....for a price. A ridiculously high price, and understandably so. Others will insure a roller kit (SPF, Shelby, Kirkham) and not a home built one, again understandably so. The issue here is simply economics, and common sense.
If the insurer receives enough in premium to lay off against the potential claim risk, or can hope to have other deep pockets involved in a potential catastrophic law suit to share in the loss (the roller builders), they are likely to get involved.
Anyone with half a wit can look at these cars and determine for himself that nearly any claim will be expensive. A big claim has the great potential to involve injury or death. It stuns me that there are still companies that are willing to write them at all.
If this sticks in your craw, pool your meager assets, register with your state insurance board, and go happily about writing nothing but Cobras. You should do well, until your first large claim. Good advice here would be to put the house and hunting dog in your wife's name first.