View Single Post
Old 02-01-2003, 02:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As an outsider looking in at America, it seems to me that a lot of people (please dont anyone take this personally) are intent on sueing others for the largest amount of money that they can think of in your country and I read with interest that your insurance companies pay out millions in damages for car accidents.
In Australia, we pay a relatively small premium with our registration (say $200AU), which means a central government body covers all personal injury costs and rehabilitation to all people injured in an accident. The insurance company only pays for the damage to the vehicles and any material property that is damaged, (fences,traffic lights etc). This system seems to work very well and there are are a number of companies that will cover our cobras. I realize that there are nowhere near the number of cobras here compared to what you have in the USA but at least it gives us some choices.
As for the rice burners and boy racers, we have them too and the majority of them are uninsured, (if one collided with my car i would certainly add a fist to the face to there list of injuries).
Finally, the idea of having an insurance agent at DVSF may prove to the insurance companies that we are an organized group of enthusiasts that run controlled events instead of a bunch of illegal street racers with over horsepowered cars.

Good luck guys!

Andy.

Anything is possible (if you can justify throwing bucket loads of money at it!).