View Single Post
Old 02-01-2003, 05:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
I contributed to CC in 2006
I have in the past contributed to CC

Unhappy

Bob,

I am in the process of trying to track that tape down and getting madder by the person. The friend I loaned it to loaned it to another person who claims he loaned it to another and so on. I specifically told the friend that I wanted the tape back and now I don't know if I can ever track it down. It was one that I taped and so I can't go buy one. There was a lot of stuff talked about that I have never seen mentioned on the TV shows and the gear boxes you mentioned were also among them. I remember Shelby said Henry Ford 11 just pointed to a name tag he had on his desk when they asked him how much money they had to work with and all it said was Ford Wins LeMans 1966. That was after the 1965 debacle. I am still trying to track the tape down but after goping through this many people I have a sinking feeling I may not get it back. Another hard lesson learned. Don't lend something that is a more or less one time thing to anyone unless you are there to take it back home. Everything you mentioned above was talked about in the tape plus some other things that they also figured out how to improve and get a little better handling and speed. I will keep trying to find it.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery