View Single Post
Old 02-05-2003, 07:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     

Roscoe,
You're right. Most claims, perhaps almost all, are due to driver error, not mechanical failures. But remember, as far as insurance is concerned, we are dealing with the underwriters. They are not only concerned with driving record/experience, but to be sure the "kit" or whatever we call it is properly built. That is why we are creating the safety list. But nor will we ignore driver safety.

That said, our group will strongly encourage drivers to be responsible on the street, and to participate in driving schools or other legal high performance experience. This will definitely help, not only by teaching them how not to wrap their car up in a ball, as you point out, but by showing the underwriters that we know how to handle these cars. When they look at writing a new policy, they want to know if we know how to handle these cars and have experience with this. They specifically told me this and I know they ask for it. That's part of the reason they ask if you are a member of any type club. Well, they don't recognize these internet websites, they want actual clubs. Hopefully, it will save lives too. There will be a place to list and document driving schools/etc..., but it is not mandatory, as we can't force anyone to do that. I strongly encourage it and we would like members to encourage each other to drive responsibly on the street. Eliminate the driver error caused accidents.

Steve

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.