View Single Post
Old 02-05-2003, 08:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via Yahoo to IntimidatorI
Not Ranked     

Hello, I would like to add my 2-cents worth from experience and a quick learn.
I have been around fast cars all of my life and also have been with AAA for over 12 years (going to them when I bought my first turbo Porsche and was dumped by the previous carrier) I have NEVER had an accident (at least not on the street) and have always maintained a clean record. In Nov. 2002 when I "added" my 1967 Ford Cobra Replica, AAA dumped THAT car from my policy like a hot potato.

I then frantically went to all the "specialty" carriers and was astonded at the rates when I told them the appraised value and that I wanted to "DRIVE" the car. This was unheard of. You see, I was being very forthwright because if anything happened while this car was "out" I did not want the underwriter coming back and slipping out of making me whole.

Well here is the bottom line. Two weeks ago I got my car covered with full coverage and a stated value by State Farm under their "Classics and Collectables" catagory. No strings attached! That is with 5000 miles a year open driving and if I drive more they just raise the rate a little. NOW HERE IS THE INCREDIBLE PART. MY PREMIUM IS ONLY $122 FOR SIX MONTHS - THAT IS $244 A YEAR!! I asked the agent what the "downside" was and he looked me in the eye and said, "there is no downside, I can't believe it either but this catagory has never had a rate increase. It is a great bargin!"

I just wanted to pass along my experience and let you all know that insurance seemed to be the biggest obsticle for me until I called State Farm Insurance. If you are having a problem, maybe you should check them out. I have already sent a friend of mine to them and his Cobra is valued at almost double what mine is.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I will even fax you a copy of my binder (which I just got in the mail) IT IS FOR REAL!

Regards,
rick
kinziepuppy@yahoo.com
1967 Cobra 427 SC by CanAmMotorCars, Chassis #2