Thread: Paging Naja !
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2003, 09:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast. 514 / 6 speed Richmond overdrive
Not Ranked     
Cool Naja

Do you have a PCV system ? You really need one to relieve the slight (maybe 1 or 2 PSI ) pressurization in the crankcase... what you want is a rotation of gasses IN from the driver's side Breather, thru the motor, and then OUT a PCV valve system where your current passenger side breather is...everything is right on your motor, from what I have read, excepting that the passenger side needs, instead of a simple breather, a PCV system to return to the carb base, or as I intend, to a specially drilled and tapped intake port in the upper intake manifold... here is the guy/business that can make this all look trick:

http://performanceunlimited.com/cobr...breathers.html

They sell a PCV valve built into a billet aluminum breather, looks trick.. I have a matching breather for the drivers side coming too, ( both breather/pcv units have extra internal baffling to cut oil "dribble") and also coming.. complete (PCV return line to intake) SS line with AN fittings installed.. ready to install...will include pics in my photo gallery of the process and final look..

Performance Unlimited will be happy to respond to your e-mail or phone call, and I spent 15 minutes on the phone with them and got the lowdown on how to safely drill and tap my finished and installed intake, without metal fragments in my cylinders...you may have an existing way to route the PCV gasses, especially if a simple hose will work.. mine is all SS lines and AN fittings.
James Madison, father of the Constitution, said, "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." He also said, "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.standdown.net/index.htm

Last edited by Back in Black; 02-05-2003 at 09:08 AM..