View Single Post
Old 02-05-2003, 07:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

agro1: a lot of America's steel is shipped in nowadays, so it's probably no different than what the Japs use. Plus, most of the Sequoia's are built right here in the U.S by U.S workers. You're right about the 4.6 X5 though ($$$$$!!!!!), but the 4.4 is still a heck of a truck for a lot less money. A Dodge Hemi SD is a pick up not an SUV (but I agree, it's a hell of a truck), and I don't know what the towing capacity is on one. My dads Sequioa will tow quite a bit though. I think it's rated at 7000 or 9000+
Evan: Know what you mean about the short wheelbase. I did tow my father-in-laws boat once with my Jeep and didn't have much of a problem though (21' Sea Ray). I would hope a 12 1/2 ft Cobra would be a cake walk!
Guys, don't get me wrong, I love American trucks (had a Silverado before the Jeep!) and if I were looking at pick-ups it would be American (although the Tundra ain't a bad truck now). But now that everyone is in the SUV market, I feel the scales have tipped in their favor (IMHO). *But I wouldn't turn down my in-laws new full size Tahoe. Parked my Jeep next to it the other day and I felt like it was going to swallow me! Talking about prices though.....I think that was well into the 40's! Nothing's cheap now days.

Last edited by TerrysSPF; 02-05-2003 at 07:39 PM..