View Single Post
Old 02-17-2003, 09:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics, LS 427, 302 cid @ 370 HP, T5 and 8.8" rear end, 99.99% complete
Not Ranked     
Default Re: Cobra Chuck's LS427

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra Chuck

I bought the LS427 kit 3/28/02, it is 98% done. I am working on the body now hoping for a red with white LeMans stripe paint job in early December. Black interior. I have a hard top for the snake.

I have a competition frame, Aldan adjustable coil overs in all four corners, the four link suspension, 8.8" 1:3.55 gear ratio, posi rear end. T5 trans. Ford Racing 10.5" HP clutch and LS hydraulic linkage, The engine is a 302 CI 9:1 comp. ratio block, Ford Racing E303X roller cam, Ford Racing roller rocker arms 1.6:1 ratio, Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, intake manifold and 750 CFM carb, MSD 6AL ignition and billet distributor, Moroso 8 qrt baffled pan and windage tray, Ford Racing oil pump (not high vol) and Ford Racings high volume water pump. Cool tube for water hoses and a remote oil filter coupled to a oil cooler, Griffin 400 HP AL radiator. Brushed Stainless dash insert with VDO gauges, wipers and heater. Did I forget anything?

Feb. 17, 2002 Update. No it's not done yet!!! Why because on December 16, the house and shop were flooded, fortunately the Cobra was up on jack stands in the process of wet sanding the primer when the flood struck. I have been working double time on repairing the house and shop. All of the repairs are just about done so I can go back to finishing up the snake. It yells at me everytime I walk by it, Finish Me, Finish Me. It won't be long now.

Cobra Chuck

I have had a blast building the car. Many thanks to Steve, Brian, Dennis and the rest of the gang at Lone Star, they are awesome. I am going to play with the car for a little while, show it a few times and sell it, so I can build another.

Cobra Chuck