View Single Post
Old 02-19-2003, 01:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

On the Flip-Top....

I may be wrong about this information, and being super critical of originality.... but something I've wondered about is how the value of the flip-top car will be affected now with the original/rare 390 aluminum motor removed and replaced with a 427? A local shop built the 427 for this car, and its great and all. But, I thought I later saw the aluminum 390 for sale and sold for really cheap. Ouch!

With Daytona Coupes going for 4+ million at Monterey a few years back, I think I would have held on to that original aluminum 390 and kept it with the car. The 427 may be better, functionally, but the original history and mistique of that car was the light weight, and having one of a few aluminum Ford FE/390s in the car when it was originally developed.

Hopefully I just misunderstood it or gathered bad information, and the owner still has that original aluminum 390 on the side.